Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
AUGUST 3, 2021 @ 7:00 P.M.
5:00 P.M. – 7:00 PM
Notice is hereby given the City Council for the City of Parker will meet on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at 7:00 P.M. at the Parker City Hall, 5700 E. Parker Road, Parker, Texas, 75002.
The Council meeting will be open to the public and live streamed. The City of Parker will provide disposable face masks and hand sanitizer. If you feel uncomfortable attending the meeting in person, please send public comments to the City Secretary at Pgrey@parkertexas.us prior to 3:00 PM the day of the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER – Roll Call and Determination of a Quorum
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AMERICAN PLEDGE: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America; and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
TEXAS PLEDGE: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
PUBLIC COMMENTS The City Council invites any person with business before the Council to speak to the Council. No formal action may be taken on these items at this meeting. Please keep comments to 3 minutes.
ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
CONSENT AGENDA Routine Council business. Consent Agenda is approved by a single majority vote. Items may be removed for open discussion by a request from a Councilmember or member of staff.
INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
3. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-673 SETTING A PROPOSED TAX RATE; AND APPROVING DATES, TIMES AND A LOCATION FOR TWO PUBLIC HEARINGS ON THE PROPOSED FY 2021-2022 BUDGET AND TAX RATE, AND A DATE FOR THE VOTE ON THE ADOPTION OF THE 2021-2022 BUDGET AND APPROVAL OF A TAX RATE.
4. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ADVERTISING REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQS) FOR CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTING FIRMS/AUDITORS.
5. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON PARKER RANCH ESTATES PHASE 5 PRELIMINARY PLAT.
6. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON WHITESTONE ESTATES PHASE 5 AND 6 PRELIMINARY PLAT.
7. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION 2021-674 APPROVING A NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT BETWEEN THE ATMOS CITIES STEERING COMMITTEE (“ACSC”) AND ATMOS ENERGY CORP., MID-TEX DIVISION REGARDING THE COMPANY’S 2021 RATE REVIEW MECHANISM FILING; DECLARING EXISTING RATES TO BE UNREASONABLE; ADOPTING TARIFFS THAT REFLECT RATE ADJUSTMENTS CONSISTENT WITH THE NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT; FINDING THE RATES TO BE SET BY THE ATTACHED SETTLEMENT TARIFFS TO BE JUST AND REASONABLE AND IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST; APPROVING AN ATTACHED EXHIBIT ESTABLISHING A BENCHMARK FOR PENSIONS AND RETIREE MEDICAL BENEFITS; APPROVING AN ATTACHED EXHIBIT REGARDING AMORTIZATION OF REGULATORY LIABILITY; REQUIRING THE COMPANY TO REIMBURSE ACSC’S REASONABLE RATEMAKING EXPENSES; DETERMINING THAT THIS RESOLUTION WAS PASSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT; ADOPTING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; DECLARING AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND REQUIRING DELIVERY OF THIS RESOLUTION TO THE COMPANY AND THE ACSC’S LEGAL COUNSEL
8. CONSIDERATION AND POTENTIAL ACTION REGARDING THE HIRING OF CONSULTANT TO PERFORM WATER AND SEWER RATE STUDY.
executive session START TO FINISH – Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code the City Council may hold a closed meeting.
In addition to any specifically identified Executive Sessions, Council may convene into Executive Session at any point during the open meeting to discuss any item posted on this Agenda. The Open Meetings Act provides specific exceptions that require that a meeting be open. Should Council elect to convene into Executive Session, those exceptions will be specifically identified and announced. Any subsequent action, as a result of this Executive Session, will be taken and recorded in open session.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on or before July 30, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. at the Parker City Hall, and as a courtesy, this Agenda is also posted to the City of Parker Website at www.parkertexas.us.
Date Notice Removed
Patti Scott Grey
The Parker City Hall is Wheelchair accessible. Sign interpretations or other special assistance for disabled attendees must be requested 48 hours in advance by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at 972 442 6811.